Sheli Clements, a registered respiratory therapist at Texas Health Harris Methodist Hospital Southwest Fort Worth, has earned the Adult Critical Care Specialty credential. Clements is one of fewer than 175 therapists in the nation to have earned the credential and one of fewer than 20 in Texas. Candidates for the Adult Critical Care Specialty credential has already earned the RRT credential, have advanced knowledge in respiratory care and have an emphasis on adult critical care skills.
Christopher J. Durovich, president and CEO of Children’s Medical Center Dallas, began his term as chair of the Children’s Hospital Association board of trustees. In his new role, Durovich will lead the Association’s efforts to create a healthcare system that more thoroughly meets the needs of child health by advancing the delivery, cost and quality of pediatric health care and by impacting public policy.
Texas Health Resources Chief Information Officer Edward W. Marx has been named to Fellow status in the College of Healthcare Information Management Executives. Marx is one of only 38 CHIME members to have achieved fellow status. He has been recognized for his significant contributions to the healthcare IT field as a Chief Information Officer.
Twelve physicians from Methodist Family Health Centers have been recognized by the Bridges to Excellence program for delivering superior patient diabetes care. The following physicians have received or had their previous recognition renewed:
- Thomas Jeffrey, MD — Methodist Richardson Family Medical Group
- Gary Sackrison, MD — Methodist Breckenridge Family Medical Group
- Daniel Flaming, MD — Methodist Breckenridge Family Medical Group
- Susan Rogers, MD — Methodist Richardson Family Medical Group
- Shakil Ahmed, MD — Methodist Richardson Health Center
- Alanna Silverstein, MD — Methodist Richardson Health Center
- Pamela Singh, MD — Methodist Richardson Medical Group
- Shyama Gandhi, MD — Methodist Family Health Center – Cedar Hill
- Mary Welp, MD — Methodist Family Health Center – Midlothian
- Darin Charles, MD — Methodist Mansfield Medical Group
- Brandy Robinson, MD — Methodist Family Health Center – Lake Prairie
- Lauri Ballard, MD — Methodist Family Health Center – South Arlington
Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital Allen has received the hospital Pathway to Excellence re-designation from the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) for its dedication to creating an environment that supports nurses. Texas Health Allen is one of 94 Hospitals nationwide to receive the designation and the only hospital in Northern Collin County to receive it.
Tenet Healthcare Corp. hospitals have received 173 Center of Excellence designations from Cigna for their positive patient outcomes and high cost-efficiency measures. Cigna enhanced its quality designations based on treatment effectiveness for 31 different surgical procedures and medical conditions. Tenet hospitals’ designations are up from the 71 received in 2011.
Methodist Richardson Medical Center’s operating room has received recognition as a Certified Nurse’s Operating Room Strong Facility by the Competency & Credentialing Institute for having more than 50 percent of its OR nursing staff CNOR-certified. CNOR-certified nurses have greater confidence in their clinical practice, having validated their knowledge, skills and abilities.
Methodist Charlton Medical Center was presented with the Pioneer Award at the recent Duncanville Chamber of Commerce Awards Banquet for its involvement in public and community service activities that enhance the quality of life for Duncanville citizens.
The Texas Ten Step Star Achiever Breastfeeding Learning Collaborative has chosen 20 hospitals to launch a five-year quality improvement project aimed at developing facility environments that support a mother’s choice to breastfeed. The Collaborative aims to increase exclusive breastfeeding by helping birthing facilities create settings where a woman’s choice concerning breastfeeding will be best supported. The 20 hospitals chosen for the cohort A of the Texas Ten Step Star Achiever Breastfeeding Learning Collaborative are:
- Baylor All Saints Medical Center- Andrew’s Women’s Hospital
- Baylor Medical Center at Carrollton
- Baylor Medical Center at McKinney
- Baylor Regional Medical Center at Grapevine
- Baylor University Medical Center
- Huguley Memorial Medical Center
- JPS Health Network
- Medical Center Arlington
- Medical Center of McKinney
- The Medical Center of Plano
- Methodist Charlton Medical Center
- Methodist Mansfield Medical Center
- North Hills Hospital
- Texas Health Harris Methodist Forth Worth
- Texas Health Harris Methodist Hospital Hurst-Euless-Bedford
- Texas Health Presbyterian Rockwall
- Texas Health Arlington Memorial Hospital
- Texas Health Harris Methodist Southwest
- Texas Health Harris Methodist Hospital Stephenville
- United Regional Health Care System