The healthcare sector adds $52 billion to the North Texas economy each year and supports more than 600,000 regional jobs. These two facts figured prominently into D Magazine Partners’ decision in July 2012 to start a news site that focuses on the business of healthcare in Dallas, Tarrant, Denton, and Collin counties. D Healthcare Daily covers issues of importance to three core groups: physicians and physician practices, hospitals and a broad range of healthcare companies—and the professionals who serve them, and employers and insurance/wellness companies.
Sign up for D Healthcare Daily‘s weekly e-newsletters.
- D Healthcare Digest
- D Healthcare MD (specifically for physicians)
- D Healthcare PM (specifically for practice managers)
For site sponsorship information, contact Quincy Preston.
Steve Jacob, Editor
Steve is the author of the critically acclaimed book, Healthcare in 2020: Where Uncertain Reform, Bad Habits, Too Few Doctors, and Skyrocketing Costs Are Taking Us. He previously was a publisher with the Fort Worth Star-Telegram, where his healthcare columns were distributed nationally by the McClatchy Tribune News Service. Steve serves as an adjunct faculty member at UNT’s School of Public Health and holds three master’s degrees: in journalism, business administration, and health policy and management.
Jessica Melton, Assistant Editor
Jessica joined D Magazine Partners as an editorial intern in the fall of 2011. Impressed by her talent, D CEO created a staff position for her upon her graduation from the University of Texas at Dallas in 2012. At UTD, Jessica was the youngest student named to an editor post at The Mercury, the school’s student newspaper. Under her leadership, the publication won several statewide and national awards. As assistant editor of D Healthcare Daily, Jessica writes and edits news reports and coordinates its contributing editors.
Glenn Hunter, Executive Editor, D CEO
Glenn Hunter has been executive editor of D CEO, D magazine’s business publication, since 2007. Under his leadership, D CEO was named the best magazine in its category by the City and Regional Magazine Association and received four Best In Business awards from the Society of American Business Editors and Writers. Glenn previously was editor of the Dallas Business Journal for eight years. Before that he edited or reported for publications in New Mexico, California, and Missouri.
Christine Perez, Managing Editor, D CEO
In addition to serving as managing editor of D CEO, Christine is the editor of RealPoints, D Magazine Partners’ popular commercial real estate site. A SABEW award-winning journalist, she previously was managing editor and real estate reporter for the Dallas Business Journal, a columnist for National Real Estate Investor, and a writer and editor for various business publications in Kansas City and Minneapolis. Christine is the author of a book on Dallas’ Corrigan family.
Contributing editors were recommended by D Healthcare Daily’s Partners, Advisory Council, and editors. These esteemed experts provide a variety of on-the-ground perspectives from various healthcare segments. For more information, contact Jessica Melton at email@example.com.
- Benjamin Isgur, Director, PwC Health Research Institute
- Bob Queyrouze, Former Compensation and Benefits Internal Consultant, Federal Reserve Bank Dallas
- Britt Berrett, President, Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital
- Bruce Sammis
- Cathleen Hernandez
- Cheryl Camin Murray, Shareholder, Winstead PC
- Christopher Crow
- Cyndie Ewert, Director of Benefits and HR Shared Services, Energy Future Holdings
- Cynthia Sherry, President-elect, Dallas County Medical Society
- Dan Killebrew
- Dana McCormick
- Daniel Prescott
- Darlene Ryan, Executive Director, TECH Fort Worth
- Douglas Hawthorne, CEO, Texas Health Resources
- Ed Bowman, Chairman, Healthcare Industry Innovation Council, Dallas Regional Chamber
- Edward Vishnevetsky, associate at Munsch Hardt
- Ernie Sadau
- Forney Fleming, Director, MS/Healthcare Management, University of Texas at Dallas
- Gary Carini
- Jeff Drummond, Partner, Jackson Walker LLP
- Jim Greenwood
- Joe Allred, Assistant Vice President for Venture Development, UT Southwestern Medical Center
- Joe Lastinger, North Texas Accountable Healthcare Partnership
- Joel Allison, President and CEO, Baylor Health Care System
- Ken Malcolmson, Regional CEO, Humana Inc.
- Kimberly Bocell, Chamblee, Ryan, Kershaw & Anderson, P.C.
- Leslie Casey, Vice President of Membership, The Health Industry Council
- Lisa Shardon, President, Home Health Compansions
- Marianne Fazen, Executive Director, Dallas-Fort Worth Business Group on Health
- Michael Darrouzet
- Michael Speer
- Mike Malone, Shareholder, Greenberg Traurig
- Pawan Goyal, Chief Medical Officer, HP Enterprise Services
- Russ Williamson, President and CEO, The Health Industry Council
- Sarah Carabias-Rush
- Scott Flannery
- Scott Wilson
- Steve Love, President and CEO, Dallas-Fort Worth Hospital Council
- Steve Whitcraft, Director of Commercial and Healthcare, Turner Construction Co.
- Sunny Sanyal, CEO, T-System Inc.
- Tom Watson, Managing Partner, BKD
- Tyler Cooper, CEO, Cooper Aerobics Enterprises Inc.
D Healthcare Daily is produced by D Magazine Partners, 750 N. St. Paul St., Ste. 2100, Dallas TX 75201, 214.939.3636.
The Dallas Regional Chamber is the area’s leading membership-driven business organization committed to promoting economic prosperity by leading economic development, driving improvements in public education, influencing public policy, and catalyzing and advocating for regional partnerships. The Chamber works to ensure that the Dallas region will become the country’s most economically prosperous region—and the most desirable place to live and work. The Chamber is a not-for-profit organization comprised of businesses that represent all facets of the North Texas business community.
The Dallas-Fort Worth Business Group on Health is a 135-member coalition of area employers and other healthcare stakeholders committed to market-based health care reform that promotes healthcare quality, transparency, accountability, and affordability. Members include American Airlines, Bell Helicopter Textron, Brinker International, Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas, JC Penney, Neiman Marcus, Sabre Holdings, Southwest Airlines, and Texas Instruments. A member of the Texas Business Group on Health and the National Business Coalition on Health, DFWBGH’s goals are to empower employers to make informed healthcare purchasing decisions and to encourage healthcare providers to continuously improve their performance.
The Dallas-Fort Worth Hospital Council unites North Texas hospital and industry leaders to advance quality healthcare in our region. With more than 43 years of collaboration and driven by elite members, it provides education sessions, networking opportunities, and competitive intelligence. The mission of the Dallas-Fort Worth Hospital Council is to enhance hospital value by continually promoting patient safety and cost effective, quality healthcare in the region.
The Health Industry Council is a unique membership organization where a diverse and dynamic group of healthcare leaders connect and foster change. Its members, dedicated to collaboration, all have a common goal—to deliver quality, effective healthcare. HIC supports this mission by promoting business best practices and innovation, creating opportunities to promote our market on a regional and national basis, by connecting the disparate parts of the industry by cultivating relationships, by being an information resource, and serving as a neutral ground for brainstorming, pilot projects, and creative solutions.