Baylor Scott & White Health was recently recognized for eight of its nurses making the 2017 DFW Great 100 Nurses List. The recognition is sponsored annually by DFW Great 100 Nurses Inc. and its partnering organizations. The 2017 list highlights practicing nurses in the region who have shown excellence in acute care, sub-acute care, school nursing, nurse leaders, academics, and more.
The nurses who made the list work at Baylor University Medical Center at Dallas, Baylor Scott & White All Saints Medical Center-Fort Worth, Baylor Scott & White Medical Center-Grapevine, and Baylor Scott & White Medical Center-Waxahachie hospital systems.
Claudia Wilder, chief nursing officer of Baylor Scott & White Health’s north division, said in a statement: “Each nurse shows a relentless pursuit of the values Baylor Scott & White holds dear–serving others with compassion, collaborating with their colleagues and always raising the bar in excellence and innovation.”
The eight nurses from the 2017 DFW Great 100 Nurses list are as follows:
Baylor University Medical Center at Dallas
- Shawnette Graham–nurse supervisor, bone marrow transplant
- Debra Kahnen– nurse supervisor, medical/surgical unit
- Allison Reynolds–nurse supervisor, new family unit
- Amy Trull–transplant coordinator, liver/kidney transplant
Baylor Scott & White All Saints Medical Center–Fort Worth
- Courtney Sundin–nurse supervisor, labor and delivery
Baylor Scott & White Medical Center–Grapevine
- Dana Stapp–nurse supervisor, Charles A. Sammons Cancer Center in-patient unit
Baylor Scott & White Medical Center–Waxahachie
- Cay Kubin–nurse in critical care and wound care, medical/telemetry unit
- Vickey Thompson–trauma program manager, trauma center